How do you smoke Cigarettes? And How in the world do you "block?"
Streets of Rogue
A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Streets of Rogue is a rogue-lite about player choice, freedom, and anarchic fun. The game takes inspiration from fast-paced top-down rogue-lites like Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne, and adds free-form, experimentation-driven, emergent gameplay elements of RPGs like Deus Ex.
Rather than taking place in a dungeon, the game is set in a functioning, procedurally generated city, where complex AI informs denizens from all walks of life, who are just trying to get by in their daily activities.
In order to progress, the player will need to accomplish specific mission goals in any way they see fit through use of their special character traits, items, and the environment.
- Will you play as a soldier who shoots first and asks questions later?
- A stealthy scientist who uses chloroform and tranquilizer darts to silently take down the opposition?
- A genial bartender who can talk his way past the most intimidating of guards?
- Or how about a hyper-intelligent gorilla, rescuing other caged gorillas to form a small mobilized gorilla army?
The Mighty Feature-List
- Play the game YOUR way! Don't want to kill anybody? That's cool! Want to hack computers? Got ya covered!
- Random world generation and TOTALLY EXTREME gameplay variety means you can play for 600 hours and not get bored! Seriously though, go outside!!!
- Super-advanced artificial intelligence that won't put up with your crap! Outsmart these virtual humans and feel superior to your computer!
- Play as over 40 types of characters (in the final version)! Bartender, scientist, hacker, gorilla — hey, your job is probably in there too!
- Stupidly huge number of items (in the final version)! Shrink rays, hypnotizing devices, boomboxes, bear traps, food processors.. Oh, and guns too.
- 2-Player cooperative mode lets you brutalize goons AND loneliness!
- Lead a gang, free slaves, drink beer, gib ghosts, become a vampire, shrink people and stomp on them. The most insanely varied game ever made.
Follow development at streetsofrogue.tumblr.com
|Published||99 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac OS X, Linux|
|Tags||Action-Adventure, Co-op, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, Roguelike, Shooter, Stealth, Top Down Adventure, Top down shooter, Twin Stick Shooter|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average duration||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
|Player count||1 - 2|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Server-based networked multiplayer|
Unzip and run StreetsOfRogue.exe
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
i have a cool idea for the genie lamp
it can give you a choice of about nine items and you choose 3 to keep
Looks like a very fun game that I would be interested in. Thank you for developing such a fun looking game!
madguy, you made a seriously interesting game. I am spending more time in this than other games. Awaiting for amazing final product. cheers :)
I have to go take a dump every time I THINK about playing this game. its just so good. But I do have one problem... make it run faster for toaster computers. That would be great.
Not sure how much more optimized it will get at this point, but we'll see. You can also turn off Fancy Lighting to make it run a bit better.
Love the game but maybe add cars?
Love this game! the finished product is going to be amazing.
da pra jogar online por servidor com amigos ??
This is soooo much fun! You've done an amazing job on this. I think it'd be really cool to have a Magical girl to play as. Also maybe you could add attack dogs, so your character could have man's best freind or the give the goons a little more edge.
A magical girl, hmmmm. Like what's her profession?
There probably won't be dogs, because then you'd be able to kill them, and that would make me sad :/
Yeah, I understand about the dogs. But the magical girl I'm not really sure what her profession is per se but she could be along the lines of a vigilante. Like a girlier Batman. So maybe a character that would be able to ally with the police in higher levels. The vigilante would have to earn the police force's trust. The outfits could go along with the standard Magical girl lore llike Sailor Moon or Star vs. The Forces of evil. Or just a charachter dressed in Superhero Garb.
butt if ur misson is to destroi it you kant move on
i found a bug in the game if ur on the 3 flor and get a nuke on a fire plase it dus not explode!!!
this game is good! but if they hear breaking sounds they always search the Player. could you make it like they are Hearing it but they dont know who it was that they choose the first one they see near the breaking Sound?
wow this is a amazing game i have a question the game will have one "browsegames" or anything like this?
This game is really well made!
I was wondering if you could make it so when you are hacking something people can't see it? Or if they go outside they don't immediately think it was you
when Comes the next update and what will be in it? (you must'nt answer)